Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP)
- Celebration Lutheran School (CLS) has been a part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program since 2018-19. Under this program — funded by the State of Wisconsin — parents have a voice in how their tax dollars are spent on the education of their children.
- At CLS, we believe parents are best equipped to decide what school is the best fit for their child. This program allows more families to choose Christian education for their sons or daughters.
- CLS encourages all qualifying families to apply. Please note that only 4K, 5K and 1st grade students and students transferring from public schools are eligible.
- All families who applied and received a voucher for 2021-22 need to go to the DPI website to apply for the 2022-23 school year. Parent email verification is a part of the application process. It may take 5 minutes to 24 hours for the verification email to be received by the applicant. The application process can be completed once the verification has arrived. Once your application has been entered, the DPI site will list what documentation is needed for you to bring to Celebration Lutheran School for verification.
- Applications are only accepted during the enrollment time period of the first weekday in February to the third Thursday in April.
Click here for the CLS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page about CLS & the Wisconsin School Choice program.
WPCP Fast Facts
- Enrollment will run each year from the first weekday in February to the third Thursday in April.
- Students chosen by a lottery system performed by the Department of Public Instruction receive a voucher that is paid to CLS to cover 100% of tuition
- Completed 2020 or 2021 Tax Information & proof of residency is needed to complete enrollment eligibility process for new applicants
- Income eligibility set by the state program is based on a family’s Adjusted Gross Income; see Income Guideline Chart below
- Families with a student previously awarded a voucher will need to re-apply and provide proof of residency within the enrollment window
WPCP Eligibility Chart for the 2022-2023 School Year
Adjusted Gross Income – * As determined by the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on the federal income tax return for either 2020 tax return or 2021 tax return.
|For each additional member add $9,988
Important Details! * NOTE – Figures listed in the right column will not be listed on the DPI site but reflect the $7,000 adjustment for married couples with children. Again, please note these are for Adjusted Gross Income.
School District Choices
At one point on the form you will be asked for your school district. Please choose the appropriate response under “Resident School District” and click “Continue.”
Options for Determining Income
Before deciding which method to use for your family, please consult this Income Documentation Bulletin prepared by the Department of Public Instruction:
- DPI Method
Complete your income tax for 2020, and enter the necessary totals on the WPCP application. Bring a SIGNED copy of your tax form to CLS for reference.
- DOR Method
On the WPCP application, click to allow the Department of Revenue (DOR) to determine your income eligibility. If 2021 tax information has not been submitted, 2020 data will be used.
Accepted documents for proof of residency
- Property Tax Statement
- Current Wage Statement (can be year end W2)
- Current water, gas, or electric bill (dated within the last 90 days)
- Current lease agreement
For more information, contact Director of Administration Mrs. Renee Pickering
Phone – 920.734.8218
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org